Sunday, April 23, 2023

Friday, April 7 through Thursday, May 5, 2023: Back in Williams, Northern Arizona Routines and Walks

On our second day back in Williams, several deer wondered by our fence. Nice to know that they still like to visit our neighborhood!
Sunday was Easter. Family and friends acknowledged the ascension of Jesus Christ.
In the afternoon, I walked the neighborhood. I never tire of seeing Bill Williams Mountain.
On Sunday, Tom and I drove out to Kaibab Lake. We knew that the lake is full.
What was amazing was the water flowing out of the lake near the reservoir dam.
Earlier in the day, I had walked over to Cataract Lake.
Monday was National Siblings Day. I posted a photo of the six Shelton siblings on Instagram and Facebook.
Of course, John is now celebrating this day in Heaven. In the afternoon, I went to Buckskinner City Park. There was a cache that I did not find last fall. I was successful this time! The cache is a green bison tied to a wire around this tree.
Like all of the lakes in the area, Buckskinner was full as well.
There are a number of Palm Creek Resort members who have summer homes in Show Low, Arizona. I decided that it would be interesting to check the area out. I contacted Prescott realtor, John LaMarr, and asked him if he could refer me to a realtor in the Show Low area. Even though he was in Hawaii for his 60th wedding anniversary, he got right on the request. He introduced me to Jackie Malott.
Jackie has lived and worked in real estate for 13 years in the Show Low area. It will be interesting to see what she shows us. At this time, I might be ready to sell my Pinehurst Drive home and move to a new area.

On Wednesday, I had lunch with the Highland Meadows ladies at the Gateway Sandwich Company.
I saw on Facebook that my niece Lauren and her boyfriend Cody were in Sedona. Cody's brother was getting married there. It was fun seeing Lauren and Cody dressed up for a beautiful day's wedding.
Thursday morning, I walked the dogs around some of the Elephant Rocks Golf Club. It is always fun to capture photos of the golf course and Mt. Humphreys.
That afternoon, I drove to Flagstaff to have my hair cut and colored by Shawna Ritter.
I have a pinched nerve that is affecting my left leg. At times, there is a sharp pain going down my leg. I first noticed the tingling sensation in my left foot before we left Casa Grande. Unfortunately, it has been getting worse. So, I made an appointment to see my chiropractor, Dr. Moseng. 
Dr. Moseng did an adjustment. He said that my body was very twisted. Hopefully, I will be able to heal.
 
Saturday morning, Tom dropped me and the dogs off at Holden Lake. Holden Lake is usually dry, but it had lots of water due to the hard winter.
Kelsey and Jamie always enjoy posing on the trail with Bill Williams Mountain in the background.
The forest service has been active thinning a lot of the trees in the area.
Sunday afternoon, I used the spa to warm up and relax my body. Unfortunately, one of the spa knobs was broken and water spewed out when I turned on the jets.
I shut off the power to the spa. Fortunately, I was going to be in Flagstaff the next day.

Monday, Kelsey had an acupuncture appointment with Dr Sullivan at Canyon Pet Hospital. Before her appointment, I stopped at Summit Spa and picked up a replacement part for the broken knob. Kelsey always enjoys going to her acupuncture appointments. They give her frozen treats in baby food jars. 
The session is completed with some radiation therapy. Kelsey was a "movie star" Dalmatian.
After Kelsey's acupuncture session, I dropped by Moseng Chiropractor to buy a Prosper Foam Roller. Dr. Moseng recommended it for stretching my buttocks, spine, and left leg.
On Tuesday, Jamie had a dental appointment at Williams Veterinary Wellness. I dropped him off at 8:15 a.m. and picked him up at 2:30 p.m. He did have two teeth pulled.
Our friend Roland Manahan at Palm Creek Resort sent us photos of our trailer. Roland is caring for our trailer this spring and summer. All is good at Lot #924 😊😊😊

That evening, Tom barbecued a nice t-bone steak for dinner.
On Wednesday, Colleen came over to our house to perform her cleaning magic.
Tom and I went to Anna's Cafe for breakfast. The Show Low realtor, Jackie, sent us seven properties that are for sale. Nothing caught our attention. But, we provided her with feedback. Jon has been tackling the PCT (Pacific Crest Trail). The hikers got to Idyllwild, but the snow ahead was too deep. So, they hired a fellow to take them 200 miles up --- near Lancaster.
Their plan was to hike south from there. Maybe the snow would melt around San Gorgonio and Mt. San Jacinto. Jon did run into a bobcat on the path when he was going to fill up his water containers.
That afternoon, Stephanie Hap posted a photo from Zion National Park. She and her late husband's sister are on a Utah Parks tour. Stephanie had an image of Joe printed for the trip. Cute!
On Thursday, I was back in Flagstaff for a facial with Amy Aranda at Junto Spa. Amy moved one suite away from her former place. She bought the suite and had it built out beautifully.
Since I no longer had a traveling RV, I decided to let go of my Thousand Trails membership. Since David and Donna began a five year plan to travel in their new 30 foot Airstream trailer, I asked them if they would be interested in the membership. They said "yes!" David and Donna paid a $250.00 transfer fee and they are going to enjoy a "top of the line" membership. Richard and I paid about $10,000 for this contract.
Donna and David want to hit all of the 63 national parks on their journey. Saguaro National Park was number 17.

Saturday afternoon, I walked in the Kaibab National Forest that surrounds our Highland Meadows community.

Sunday morning, the dogs and I walked over to Cataract Lake. It was a beautiful morning.
Later that afternoon, Donna and David posted photos of their return to Southern California. They stayed at Lake Cahuilla Veterans Regional Park.
Richard and I used to walk the dogs along this lake. David's parents are at their Rancho Mirage home. So, Donna and David used this as a base camp to visit family and to see Joshua Tree National Park.
It is finally time to get new tires for my truck. Yesterday, I noticed a slow leak in my driver side back tire. I had been putting it off for months. So, I went to Sandoval Tires and had all four tires replaced.
Tuesday, I had an appointment with my chiropractor, Dr. Brent Moseng. I was in a lot of pain all Monday night. Dr. Moseng did a treatment and then referred me to Northern Arizona Radiology for x-rays. They have daily walk-ins, and I was cared for almost immediately.
Wednesday morning, I set-up the water feature. It has been windy in the afternoons, so this was a good time to position the waterfall motors and fill the pond.
At 11:30 a.m., I joined the Highland Meadows Ladies for lunch at Nanys Tacos.
After lunch, I went over to the forest past the Mormon Church and looked for a geocache. I found it! It was called "Where are we going? Rocky trek into the woods."
I left a green smiling coin purse in the container. The next morning, Dana Phillips posted a photo of her "HDMama" with Jon "Farmer" and Diana "Amelia." HDMama, Farmer, and Amelia are their trail names. They are back together as a trio hiking the Pacific Crest Trail.
Tom is trying to sell his boat and trailer. Some Higland Meadows Patio Home neighbors came by to see it. They were Candy and John Frankle. Unfortunately, the boat trailer is too wide for their lot. They appreciated the opportunity to check it out.
Sunday, I decided to do some more geocaching. I drove to Devil Dog Road --- about 8 miles west of us. There, I found three caches. One was called "Ooo-rah." It was a green canister hanging in some tree branches.
Another cache was named "HistoricAZ66: Williams-Pine Springs." I left a pink smiling coin purse.
After many years of being a DirecTV customer, I decided that it was not worth the monthly charge. Since Tom introduced me to Roku, we were no longer using DirecTV. I called the company and they sent me a box to pack up the receiver. Good-bye DirecTV!
On Friday afternoon, I dropped the dogs off at Grand Canyon Railway Pet Resort. They had not been residents there for over three months! Tom and I head to Phoenix tomorrow for a George Strait concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday, June 17 to Sunday, June 30, 2024: Alaska Bound, Geocaching, Appointments in Flagstaff,

Donna and David and their dog Doug are on their way to Alaska. They started the trek on the Alaska Highway in Dawson Creek, British Columbia...