Saturday, October 3, 2026

Monday, September 21 through Friday, October 16, 2026: Visit by Sue and Scott,

Early afternoon on Monday, I took Preston for a walk to nearby Cataract Lake.
 
Friends Sue and Scott Svejcar have reservations to stay in Williams for four nights. They live in Green Valley --- south of Tucson. Tom and I met them for drinks

Sue was not feeling well. So after our adult beverages, Tom and I went to Rustic 66 Sushi & Grill. We both had their Tuna Poke Bowl and some hot sake.
Tuesday morning, I worked on the BBQ project. We called Kenmore and asked if the grill could run off a 30 pound propane tank. We were told that the grill was only rated for 5-20 pound tanks. So, off to True Value I went. I purchased a 20 pound propane tank and had it filled at Superior Propane.
Now was the time to see if the grill worked. And yes, the grill works! 😍😍😍
That afternoon, Preston and I went up Perkinsville Road to snatch a cache called Elk Meadow. This cache was on the other side of dry Coleman Lake.
Unfortunately, I was not able to quickly find the cache. Sue and Scott were waiting to hear from us about dinner plans. So, I had to abort the search and head back home. Preston liked the area and we will return another day.
 
That evening, we had dinner at El Comedor Cardenas. This Mexican Restaurant has excellent margaritas!
 
Wednesday, I took Sue and Scott to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon. Last year, our visit was to Grand Canyon Village, Hermit's Rest, and all of the sites from Bright Angel Lodge to Mather Point. This time, we drove to the east entrance via Cameron. Our primary stop was the Watchtower at Desert View.
The weather changed rapidly and we had some rain showers. But, There is no better time for photo opportunities.
We stopped at Lipan Point and Moran Point before heading back to Williams.
 
 
That evening, the four of us went to Grand Canyon Brewing Company for dinner. Sue and Scott are celebrating their ninth wedding anniversary tomorrow, September 24.
My longtime friends Connie and Ed Clancy just returned from a trip to Egypt. I hope one day to get there.
On Thursday, I realized that I broke my 32 ounce glass water container. I think that I put some ice cubes in the unit before the water. Too fragile.
 
On Friday, I had a hair appointment in Flagstaff. My truck has muddy tires from one of my geocaching adventures of Devil Dog Road. I decided to go to a car wash before heading home. I found a coupon for the car wash --- $20 value! So, the wash didn't cost me anything. Hooray!
 
 
On Saturday, Kelly Fogerlie rounded up pickleball players for 9:00 a.m. There were six of us: Kelly, Cole, Joanie, me, Jordana, and Sivert. It was so much fun!
 

My sister Carrie and her daughter Lauren posted some more photos of their visit to Bend. Below is a photo of Devon, Carrie, and Brent.

Lauren, Cody, and their two children extended their visit by a week as both Colter and Callie had bad colds.
 
Fall is in the air. The aspens are starting to change at the Snow Bowl Ski area.
 
On Sunday, I saw that CanyonDen had two more hidden caches. Both were up Perkinsville Road. I decided to go find them and get two more "First to Find" trophies. I took Preston with me. The first cache was "On This Hill."
 
 The second found cache was "Running Up That Hill." This cache was .3 mile hike up a hill.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday, September 21 through Friday, October 16, 2026: Visit by Sue and Scott,

Early afternoon on Monday, I took Preston for a walk to nearby Cataract Lake.   Friends Sue and Scott Svejcar have reservations to stay in W...