Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Monday, April 1 to Sunday, April 21, 2024: Final Days in Casa Grande, Return to Williams, and Back to Northern Arizona Routine

I had a wonderful final massage with Cathy Kelly. It is so nice that she is a resident here in Palm Creek.
Later in the afternoon, I took Kelsey and Jamie to Casa Grande Animal Hospital for their monthly Librela shot.
One of the veterinarians came to speak with me. Besides the Librela shot, Kelsey had her anal glands expressed. For many months, Kelsey has a growth near the entrance of her anal cavity. The doctor said that it looked swollen and was bleeding slightly. She suggested that Kelsey be put on antibiotics. I agreed. I made appointments for Kelsey and Jamie to see Dr. Sullivan at Canyon Pet Hospital the end of this month.

Granddaughter Meghan posted on Instagram some cute photos of her, sister Emily, and dog Carl.

On Wednesday, I had my final hair appointment --- of the season --- with Miranda.
Thursday, I had a DUPR training and six pickleball games with three fellows. Tom's son Jon showed us how to set-up DUPR games. Friday, Tom, Jon, and I had lunch at Creative Cafe. A Friday highlight there is Boston Clam Chowder soup.
Someone on Facebook posted a beautiful photo of a sunset in Williams.
Friday night, it snowed an inch or two in Williams.
Fortunately, the snow melted quickly. Meanwhile, Palm Creek was sunny and warm.

Tom and I began to get the trailer ready for summer. I took photos of some of the cupboard contents left in the trailer.


It was a cool Saturday, so Tom was able to put covers on the two air conditioners.
On Instagram, Donna and David posted some nice photos from a flower stop in Carlsbad, California.


Sunday was our day of departure. Jon came over to help load my e-bike.
Tom noticed a slow water leak under the cabinet that was wired for a washer and dryer. Jon took a look. There is a water hose bracket that needs to be tightened. We don't have the tool, so it will be something to fix next season.
Next season, Jon might be able to help us fix the deadbolt that is not working on the kitchen door entrance. Tom tried to take a photo of me with the dogs, but Jamie would not stay still.
We were successful in departing Palm Creek before 11:30 a.m. Good=bye trailer until next season!

Halfway home, we stopped at the Sunset Point Rest Area for a bathroom stop and a lunch break.

We arrived home at about 3:30 p.m. It was nice to be home again! 😊😊😊
 
Monday was the solar total eclipse. Tom and I had eclipse glasses to watch it from our front yard.
From Northern Arizona, the eclipse was about 70 percent.
Monday, April 8, is also the 31st birthday of my oldest granddaughter, Meghan. I called her and left a message --- singing "happy birthday to you!" Meghan posted some photos of her birthday celebration on Instagram.

Tuesday morning, I came to the obvious conclusion that the smaller Ponderosa pine tree in my front yard was dead.
I reached out to Troy Mortensen, my landscape fellow. The tree needs to be taken down and a replacement tree planted. Maybe a blue spruce???

Fritz Plecas, the fellow who is going to put the new roof on my house, dropped by to collect a $25,000 check.
In the afternoon, I walked around the neighborhood. Bill Williams Mountain still has a lot of north-facing snow on it.
Last summer, the forest service thinned out a lot of the trees. It is fun seeing more snow.

Wednesday morning, Kelsey, Jamie, and I walked over to Cataract Lake.
Fritz brought over larger samples of roof tile colors.

Tom and I were leaning toward the Hunter Green, which most closely matches what we have now. I then asked Danielle Worthington --- my realtor --- to provide her advice. She agreed with the Hunter Green.
That afternoon, Tom prepared a delicious beef stew for dinner.
Thursday afternoon, Tom dropped me off in the North 40 Highland Meadows neighborhood. I walked home from there.
Upon arriving home, I was greeted by Kelsey and Jamie.
Late afternoon, seven or eight mule deer paraded by our house --- heading to the golf course.

Donna and David are enjoying their RV life in Southern California.

My niece Lauren has posted an adorable photo her, Cody, and my grandnephew Colter.
Francesco and Thomas shared more photos on social media of their trip to Giza.

I hope to one day to travel to Egypt.

Friday morning, Jamie and Kelsey shared one bed for a few minutes. Jamie was on that bed and Kelsey wanted it --- so she just helped herself.
That afternoon, Tom and I went out to hunt some shed. Jon had suggested this area. It is a location where he was successful in finding antlers. While we did not find any shed, it was a beautiful day to be outdoors.
On the way back to the car, we did happen upon eight or nine Cow Elk.
I couldn't resist taking a picture of Mt. Humphreys. She looks so beautiful with snow.
On our way home, I noticed that there was a geocache close to Spring Valley Road. Tom and I found the quick Valley of the Springs cache hanging in a tree.

On Saturday, Tom and I tackled the hot tub. It needed to be drained and refilled with fresh water. Tom was so helpful in using the RidGid vacuum to suck up the water on the spa bottom.

The next morning, I enjoyed a clean and sparkling hot tub! 😊😊😊


Monday afternoon, Tom and I had dental appointments with Flagstaff Smiles. It was for our 6-month teeth cleaning. Laurie is my technician.
My teeth were in good shape. Tom has Megan for his technician. He needs to return in a week for some tooth deep cleaning.

On Tuesday, a company delivered the materials for our new roof. The truck had a large crane to transport the materials to the home and RV barn roof tops.


Tom sleeps on his left side. For several weeks, his shoulder has been hurting. While in Casa Grande, I bought an electrode stimulator for my left butt. I suggested that Tom use this gadget for his shoulder.
Wednesday morning, Colleen Hatton came to our house. It was time to re-start her cleaning service.
For lunch, the Highland Ladies went to Gateway Sandwich.
Later in the afternoon, my landscape maintenance guy, Troy Mortensen, came to clean up the front and back yard. His son Payce was with him.
Troy also tackled the dead tree. He sawed off the bottom limbs, cut the tree down, and hauled the tree trunk and limbs away..


It was so nice to have the dead tree gone. It was an eye sore for me. The front lawn looks empty, but clean. If I replant a tree, it might be an Austrian pine. Troy says that an Austrian pine grows quickly and is more sturdy than a Ponderosa pine.
Thursday afternoon, Kelsey and Jamie had an appointment with Elsa Marie to have their nails clipped.

Today is April 18. It is my grandnephew Colter's 3-month birthday.
Friday, Tom and I went to Obregon City Taco for an early lunch. I love their quesobirra tacos! While we were in Casa Grande, the restaurant did some remodeling.
The local gym no longer accepts the Silver Sneakers program for seniors. So, I bit the bullet and signed up for the gym as a regular member. I like using their stationary bike for part of my exercise routine.
Saturday evening, we had a beautiful sunset reflection on Bill Williams Mountain.
Sunday, I decided to walk to town and retrieve a new cache that was hidden by unicorns4cher. As I walked over Interstate 40, I snapped a very nice photo of clouds and Bill Williams Mountain.
The cache was located near the Best Western Plus. It was a very cute cache container.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday, June 17 to Sunday, June 30, 2024: Alaska Bound, Geocaching, Appointments in Flagstaff,

Donna and David and their dog Doug are on their way to Alaska. They started the trek on the Alaska Highway in Dawson Creek, British Columbia...